Think.Check.Submit - Choose the right journal for your research
Sharing research results with the world is key to the progress of your discipline and career. But with so many publications, how can you be sure you can trust a particular journal? Follow this check list to make sure you choose trusted journals for your research.
Are you submitting your research to a trusted journal?
Is it the right journal for your work?
More research is being published worldwide.
New journals are launched each week.
Stories of publisher malpractice and deception are also on the rise.
It can be challenging to find up-to-date guidance when choosing where to publish.
How can you be sure the journal you are considering is the right journal for your research?
Reference this list for your chosen journal to check if it is trusted.
Do you or your colleagues know the journal?
– Have you read any articles in the journal before?
– Is it easy to discover the latest papers in the journal?
Can you easily identify and contact the publisher?
– Is the publisher name clearly displayed on the journal website?
– Can you contact the publisher by telephone, email, and post?
Is the journal clear about the type of peer review it uses?
Are articles indexed in services that you use?
Is it clear what fees will be charged?
– Does the journal site explain what these fees are for and when they will be
Do you recognise the editorial board?
– Have you heard of the editorial board members?
– Do the editorial board mention the journal on their own websites?